Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios

My Sweet Angel

My Sweet Angel
4/6/09 4:45 pm 4 lbs 1 oz 17 inches

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Friends, I need your Help!

December 30, 2009

As usual, I came across this from another bereaved mother and have her permission to use it...I have naturally tweaked it to my situation and included some of my own thoughts and feelings. I hope you will be able to help me with this...

My Dear Friends,

As New Year's day approaches I know that it will be a difficult day for me to get through without the love and support of those around me. Elise's first Christmas has come and gone and her absence is felt so very much during the holiday season.
I look at New Year's Day with many mixed emotions. I can say without hesitation, that 2009 had to be the absolute worst year of my life. So many "bad" things happened during that year. I am happy to see it go.
At the same time, it was also the year I was given and able to hold my very own angel. Elise's short life and sudden death along with a few other highly significant events (both "good" and "bad") changed who I am. I am no where near the same person I was in 2008. That's not exactly a negative thing.
Meanwhile, 2009 blessed me with the opportunity to grow another child. Ella has been a part of me for almost half of the year. Again, a bag of mixed emotions.
Now, as 2010 approaches I am faced with the realization that a new year may mean an end to bad period of time in my life and the promise of a new beginning, but there are still many challenges that lay ahead. During 2010: I will have to face the 36 week mark in my pregnancy, the exact time Elise passed away. I will have to endure labor and childbirth (with so much more meaning than just the normal "pain" and anxiety). I will be able to see and hold another daughter in my arms, experiencing all the emotions that go along with that simple act. I will face the one year angelversary of Elise's birth and death. I could go on and on about all that will be coming my way in this new year, all that I will have to face head on, but I think you get the point. :)

Anyway, this is where you come in.
Would you please consider a moment to send an email or a message:

I am going to put together a keepsake for Elise, a time capsule if you will. The hope is to fill it with heartfelt notes from those who wish to help us in remembering her. The notes really have no guideline, just write what you feel. You can write to Elise, to me, to our family, whomever you wish. It doesn’t have to be more than a sentence really. The point is just to remember her with us as her birth year comes to a close. The smallest gesture carries the biggest comfort and love in the hardest of times.
I want to say that there is no need to censor your writings or be afraid that I will be sad in reading your thoughts about Elise. Nothing makes me sadder than the fact that she is not here with us, and remembering her brings some peace to my heart. Knowing that your child is not forgotten is the best gift you can give a bereaved mother. I encourage all of you to just write what is in your heart, if you had things that you wish you could have said to Elise, me, or our family then I ask you to do so. It can help you as much as it helps me. I appreciate any notes or thoughts that are sent. I will hold them all very close to my heart!

So here is how I am going to accomplish this:

Please send me a message here on facebook or an email to kellytagliaferri@yahoo.com with “FOR ELISE” in the subject line. I will print them and assemble them into Elise's keepsake. Please pass this request on to anyone you may think could help. I know there are many people missing from my facebook family (and from the wonderful world of facebook itself! lol)

Thank you again for anything and everything you have done to support me throughout 2009 and for helping me remember Elise during the most difficult times not to think of her.


UPDATE:  I have about 20 notes compiled in a document from this.  It truly is a treasure to look back over these and realize what a difference my angel has made in the lives of those who "knew" her

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios