Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios

My Sweet Angel

My Sweet Angel
4/6/09 4:45 pm 4 lbs 1 oz 17 inches

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Rascal Flatts

November 4, 2009

I've always liked Rascal Flatts. I have always thought that their songs have a catchy tune and good lyrics.
I remeber becoming particularly emotional when I was newly pregnant with Elise at hearing this song, it really reminded me of my kids:

My Wish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz32I_GbpeU



Then, the day after Elise was born, I was alone in my hospital bed, trying to choke down some food and I turned on the television. Rascal Flatts was on the Today show (or one of the morning shows) doing a live performance to promote the release of their newest album, Unstopable. They played this song and I just lost it:

Here Comes Goodbye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amupt1he1LY



Today, I was driving alone with the radio on (I'd have to be alone for that to happen!) and I heard one of their songs that I have heard several times before, but it really hit me this time:

What Hurts the Most
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQw8eGLMHe4&feature=related



There are actually quite a few more songs out there that have a special meaning to me concerning my life and my kids, but I find it quite interesting that one group has managed to touch me so deeply in one area in such a short amount of time. There are even a couple other songs by them that hold special meaning to me. So this is my shout out to them: Thank you Rascal Flatts and keep up the good work :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios