Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios

My Sweet Angel

My Sweet Angel
4/6/09 4:45 pm 4 lbs 1 oz 17 inches

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Good Friday, April 2, 2010

If you knew me last year at this time, then you probably know that Good Friday was the day we formally said goodbye to Elise. The date was April 10, but it was still Good Friday. In my constant search for answers (or comfort at least) I came across this site and really liked what it had to say.
http://www.gotquestions.org/Good-Friday.html

I thought that day was going to be the worst day of my life, and it ranked a close second to the 5 days prior when I found out Elise was gone. I never would have imagined both those days could have been made worse by revelations made on a third "worst day of my life" Never, never would I have thought that people could and would taint such a horrible experience with their own selfishness. I had no idea that I could hurt even more than I already did, but that is what happens when you are kicked while you are down. What a miserable week, month it was. The pain of it all is still so overwhelming sometimes. When life slows down for more than a second or two and even the smallest memory creeps in, the tears still come so easily and oh so many of them. Sometimes I feel like I am going to break. It's been almost a year now and I am still struggling to rebuild my perception of life...my role as mother and wife.
I am trying to look at the bright side of things. I am almost happy that Holy Week ended up being before Elise's actual "birthday" I'm hoping that going through all these "anniversaries" now will somehow make the real days a little less painful...one can wish, right?

Thank you to all of you who attended Elise's memorial with good and pure intentions in your heart. And to those of you who couldn't/didn't attend, but still had Elise in your prayers.

I hope you are able to attend her angelversary on Tuesday.


Precious Child

God, I know you gave your precious Son
To give us life with You.
But we didn’t want our baby to leave,
Cause she was precious too.

We all are special in your eyes
And all to you return.
We know our child will not come back,
And for this our hearts still yearn.

Our time on earth is for learning,
And when our lessons are through,
Our Lord will choose the time we leave,
And we come back to you.

Our precious girl is with you,
And there will be a day,
That we too will leave this earth,
And you will light our way.

Her arms will be wide open,
And the wait will be worthwhile,
When we see again our precious daughter,
And the splendor of her smile.

Anon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios