Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios

My Sweet Angel

My Sweet Angel
4/6/09 4:45 pm 4 lbs 1 oz 17 inches

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Now What?

April 24, 2009

So today was the day I have been looking forward to for soooo long. The day my sweet Elise was OK to be born, in my book anyway. I asked her so many times to wait until 39 weeks, like all her siblings, so I could finish grad school and be able to devote myself to her. Well, here it is. The day I wanted to rub my belly and tell my angel to please come out and meet us. But she already did, and she's already gone. Now what?

On a semi-unrelated note, during my daily internet search for answers and support, I found this poem and wanted to share it...

The Elephant In The Room

There`s an elephant in the room.
It is large and squatting,
so it is hard to get around it.
Yet, we squeeze by with,
"how are you" and "I`m fine..."
and a thousand other forms of trivial chatter.
we talk about everything else
except the elephant in the room.
We all know it`s there.
We are thinking about the elephant as we talk.
It is constantly on our minds.
For you see, it is a very big elephant.
But we do not talk about
the elephant in the room.
Oh, please, somebody say my child`s name
Oh, please, say it again
Oh, please, let`s talk about the elephant in the room.
For if we talk about their death,
perhaps we can talk about their life.
Can I say their name...
and not have you look away?
For if I cannot,
you are leaving me alone...
In a room...
with an elephant.

~Author Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios